The following fees are apply when receiving services at the Campus Health Center.
No costs for "Basic" level medical services and some diagnostic lab tests performed at the CHC (as defined in Executive Order #943 - office visits, exams, in-house lab tests).
- Discounted rates for medications, lab tests, immunizations, allergy injections (note: X-rays are available at discounted rates through an off-site Doctors on Duty Clinic).
- No Cost for a copy of their own medical records - please allow a minimum of 24-hours of records on site and 7-10 working days for records archived off-site.
- If receiving after-hours care, click for details on fees and services.
- A $15.00 fee will be charged for all missed appointments.
- Charges for birth control pills and other medications vary - please allow at least 48-hours from the time you call before your prescription is filled. Please pick up prescriptions at least 1/2 hour before closing.
- Unfortunately, we are NOT a retail pharmacy so we are unable to sell over-the-counter medications or devices (other than standard condoms) and can ONLY refill prescriptions that were originally prescribed at this clinic.
Dependents of Students
Reasonable fees for all services
- Not covered as part of the Student Health Fees
- Supplemental student health insurance plans may be purchased to provide coverage for dependents &/or spouse
Faculty and Staff and Their Dependents
Reasonable fees for all services
- CalPERS Blue Cross, CCN, and other non-HMO insurance plans are accepted
Please note that fees for service are due and payable at time of service.
Discounted rates for qualified individuals includes:
1. No Charge for ALL Office Visits and in-house lab tests (i.e., Strep tests, UA's, HCG's, etc.).
NOTE: Whenever possible, students should have lab tests performed at the Campus Health Center as some tests processed by Quest Diagnostics are discounted ONLY when collected at the Campus Health Center. Otherwise, lab tests collected at a DOD clinic are billed to the student at the lab's standard, non-discounted rate;
2. All other services are discounted by 30% (i.e., ortho supplies, nebulizer treatments, EKG's, etc.). Students are responsible for 70% of DOD charges (i.e., charge is $84.00 X 70% = $58.80)
3) Listed X-ray prices are already discounted.
Payment Types Accepted
The Campus Health Center accepts payment by:
- Money Order
- American Express
- ATM/Debit cards
- We will bill most PPO medical insurance carriers.
PLEASE NOTE: The following conditions apply when receiving medical service at a DOD clinic
Who qualifies for discounted pricing?
CSUMB students with a current 'Student' identification card (students must present a current student ID card Fall, Winter, or Summer with the current year's sticker). CSUMB staff or faculty (even if they are attending classes) do not qualify for discounted pricing - they would NOT have a 'Student' ID card and are exempt from paying the required student health fee.
When CSUMB students are eligible for discounted medical services at DOD clinics?
- During regular business hours, if for any reason, the Campus Health Center could not provide medical service.
- Any time the Campus Health Center refers a Student to a DOD clinic for medical care.
- Students go to a DOD clinic during the hours the Campus Health Center is closed.
NOTE: DOD clinics will act as if they were the Campus Health Center whenever the Campus health Center is closed or unable to serve eligible students.
- No Charge for ALL Office Visits and in-house lab tests (i.e., Strep tests, UA's, HCG's, etc.). NOTE: If at all possible, the student should have lab tests performed at the Campus Health Center as some tests provided by Quest through the Campus Health Center are discounted. Otherwise, lab tests processed through a DOD clinic are billed to the student at the lab's standard charge (non-discounted rates).
- All other services are discounted by 30% (i.e., ortho supplies, nebulizer treatments, EKG's, etc.). Students are responsible for 70% of DOD charges (i.e., charge is $84.00 X 70% = $58.80).
- Listed X-ray prices are already discounted.
Patient Assistance Programs
The following links provide information on assistance programs designed to assist patients obtain medical assistance.